Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, February 23, 2009

February 22, 2009

I got a coupon for a free 8 x 8 book from Shutterfly (the book is free but you pay for the shipping - around $9.00)  I don't like the 8 x 8 size.  I prefer the 12 x 12.  Since I didn't have any use for it, Rick asked me to do a book of his motorcycles.  While he has had quite a few, they weren't enough to fill a 20 page book so I included some of his favorite trucks and 4 wheelers.  I spent the whole day going through photos, scanning them and negatives, fixing the photos, uploading them, and creating the books.  I finished around 10:00 pm and ordered the book.  It didn't look too bad! Here's a shot of the cover on my computer screen.

 

If you want to see the complete book it's here:   Wheels

 

February 21, 2009

You are looking at a super huge project.  We have always kept our negatives of our photos in the safe deposit box in case of a fire.  I decided I wanted to convert our old photos to digital so I brought them home and am gradually scanning the negatives into digital.  When you have over 30 years of photos this is no small task.  I've finished all my mom's negatives and done some of ours but still have all of these to go.  It's time consuming and very boring.

 

February 20, 2009

Speaking of Katie, this is where she spends most of her days.  She has to be close.  Of course, it's not me she's laying on, but Rick doesn't have a dog and he doesn't even like her! Yeah, tell me another one!

 

 

 

February 19, 2009

Since I'm griping this week I'm going to do another.  This is a cactus plant that Rick has babied for years.  It was just a little thing in a 2" pot when he got it and it's now about 8 inches wide.  He wasn't going to bring it inside this winter but I talked him into it (dumb me)  The only place suitable for it is by the back door where Katie goes in and out.  The pot is on the side where the light switch is.  Every time I have on my robe it snags it when I cut the light on and off.  I'm afraid either me or Katie will end up getting too close to the needles and they're pretty sharp!

0 comments:

Post a Comment