Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 21 - May 11-23

I have lots of photos this week.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big race day in Wheeling!  They have the big race - the 20K and the smaller 5K.  You can walk or run in both.  The 5K is 3.1 miles.  Susan decided to run it this year.  She ran the mile last year with Nick.  I was really proud of her!  Out of 345 people she finished #162 - running the 3.1 miles in 32:56 minutes.  These are hard runs.  One of the reasons Wheeling is so popular for these races are the hills.  Here are her photos.  One when she was waiting for the race to start, one running down the last hill towards the finish line, and the last crossing the finish line.

 

 

Friday, May 22, 2009

I worked for Jerald today doing some of my old job  - his office manager was unable to work and payroll was today.  I don't have a photo of that though I have more interesting photos.

Every year in Wheeling on Memorial weekend they have races.  People come from all over the world to run in these races.  On Friday they have small races for children - even tiny tots.  For the 7 - 12 age group they have the fun run.  It's a mile long.  Last year Nick ran for the first time and won.  I can't remember his exact time but he did it on less this year.  He did the mile in 6:11 minutes and came in fourth this year.  He was still way in front of the pack.  Here's a photo of just before he crossed the finish line and right afterwards! 

 

Thursday, May 21, 2009

We came across this camper for sale.  Rick and I have talked about getting a motorhome and traveling around.  We are torn between putting the money out for that or selling our old oversized house and moving to a smaller and less costly to maintain place.  We really can't do both.  Decisions, decisions and choices.  We'll probably go back and try to see the inside of this one if it's not sold next week.  It's a 2002 model with only 16,000 miles on it.  I guess the price is reasonable for the year and mileage but I'd like it to be less - a lot less!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wow!  Vet visits are almost as expensive as my doctor visits.  Katie's checkup and drugs for her eye and ear infections - $220.70.  Just for a checkup and two vaccinations.  Of course, they'll call me next week if anything else shows up in the fecal and blood work.  Let's hope not.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Katie waiting on me & Rick during one of our walks.  She got her first ear infection last week and goes to the vet for a checkup and vaccinations tomorrow.

 

Monday, May 18, 2009

I got a new flag to put out front. 

Sunday May 17, 2009

I see these beautiful rhododendron bushes at one of the neighbors when I walk Katie.  I tried to grow one but it never did well so we took it out and gave it to Susan.  It does really well at her house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment